It’s summertime, which means it’s the perfect season for outdoor activities with your pup! Fleas and ticks thrive in the warm weather, and make more unwanted appearances on your furry friends.
Here are five ways to prevent fleas and ticks from hitching a ride on your pet and into your home!
- First things first, ask your vet about the best preventative medication for your fur baby!
- Take time to check over ALL of your family members – humans and cats too!
- Watch for signs and symptoms of flea and tick infestation.
- Keep in mind, all dogs react to flea and tick bites differently! Don’t hesitate to contact your vet!
- Lastly, stay on top of cleaning your house (vacuums are our friends!) and your dog’s hygiene!
Your dog will be feeling it’s best without the pests this summer!