We used to giggle too, and then we started working at Camp and now we’re completely desensitized to the word. Although you think our jobs are easy and fun, you have visions of us frolicking through the play yards with happy dogs all day, singing, scratching butts and rubbing belly’s…you’re missing what’s happening underfoot as we frolic…poop. Lots and lots of poop.
We’re constantly on poop patrol and not just because we don’t want it on our shoes but because it’s dangerous, to dogs and humans.
Let’s take a look at some fecal facts:
- 1 gram of dog feces contains 23 million fecal bacteria
- According to the EPA dog poop is as toxic to the environment as chemical and oil spills
- Our natural ecosystem can handle 2 dogs per square mile. In urban areas, there are 125 dogs per square mile
- Dog poop is the #3 cause of water pollution
- 40% of Americans don’t pick up after their dogs
- 44% of Americans wouldn’t pick up their dogs poop if asked
Being a dog owner isn’t always glamorous, it’s usually just plain gross. Feces is a contributor to many parasites and viruses in canines including roundworm, hookworm, tapeworm, E.coli, Giardia, Parvo, Coccidia and more. The symptoms of these illnesses are even worse than the regular poop you didn’t want to pick up. Leave that one pile behind and you could be risking vomiting, diarrhea, anemia, bloody diarrhea, dehydration, worms and more!
The snow has melted and is gone for the season (knock on wood) so it’s time to clean up and start spring with a fresh yard.
Home Buddies offers poop scooping services including spring clean ups to get you started off on the right foot. We also offer weekly or bi-weekly poop scooping services to keep your yard looking great all summer long!
- Spring clean up: $55*
- Bi-weekly clean up: $25**
- Weekly clean up: $15**
*Additional $15 for every additional dog
**Additional $5 for every additional dog
Give us a call (586) 445-9663 to learn more about Home Buddies or to schedule your spring clean!