Meet Katie! Katie is a female, 1-year old German Shepard who’s as curious as she is smart. This girl was bred with a brain like Albert Einstein and loves to think and learn. Katie has been involved in puppy social and levels 1 and 2 of obedience classes and has been an active Camper since she was 4 months old.
Katie has been in a single owner home since was a pup but her Mom is unable to keep her and contacted our friends at the Grosse Pointe Animal Adoption Society (GPAAS) to help find her the PAW-fect home.
Katie is the perfect contradiction:
- She’s a medium dog who thinks she’s small: (weighing in at a lean and long 66 lbs) but she thinks she’s small, constantly trying to squeeze into place she doesn’t fit. Her best friends are Beagles and she has no idea she’s a German Shepard.
- She’s smart, but silly: She will impress you with her intelligence and then do something really silly, like try to lick out of the faucet while you do the dishes or fill her water bowl.
- She’s loyal, but adventurous: Katie grew up in a single owner home since she was a puppy. She is sometimes nervous around men but is very loving and adventurous.
- She’s very curious, but can be nervous at times: Katie has been socialized since she was 10 weeks old but sometimes loud noises scare her, particularly when outdoors on a walk. She can Houdini out of a regular collar or harness so she needs a martingale style collar and experienced handler for a walk.
- She loves to learn and loves to snuggle: Katie is extremely smart and can put other “working dogs” to shame with her ability to learn. But she also loves to snuggle and loves being loved. She’s very affectionate but needs a lot of mental stimulation.
Katie has limited experience with small children but we think she’d do fine, the experts at GPAAS can facilitate a meet and greet if you have small children but are interested in Katie. She has a good bite inhibition and is hand fed quite often (she takes part in circuit training at Camp). She hasn’t lived in a house with other dogs but she does great in open play in the Camp environment.
If you’d like to learn more about Katie, contact our friends at GPAAS (313) 884-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re pretty attached to Katie, so we’re going to warn you…we’re demanding visitation rights!