From Scouts Kitchen: Our Favorite Dog Biscuit Recipes
We’ve been scouting the web and
making a collection of our favorite dog biscuit
recipes in preparation for National Dog Biscuit
Day, yep…that’s a real thing.
My favorite recipes are the ones with simple ingredients that I normally have on hand and flavors and foods that I know are gentle on my dogs stomach…which pretty much results to the 2 P’s: pumpkin and peanut butter.
has a great recipe for simple dog treats:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 1&1/2 cups white or whole wheat flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. n a bowl stir together eggs, pumpkin puree, milk powder and flour, add 2 tsp. water or enough so the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface toll out the dough 1/2 in thick. cut into shapes with 1-inch cookie cutters. Gather the scraps, combine, roll and formbiscuits, continue until the dough is used.
- Place the biscuits 1 inch apart on an un-greased backing sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake until hardened (another 20 min) let cool.
Check out our Pinterest page here
for more great recipe ideas and
just plain cute dog photos! !