We are hiring! We are looking for a person who loves a fast paced environment and loves dogs. We are expanding our business and need someone who is fun loving, very detail oriented and extremely conscientious. We are looking for a “fence hopper”, a person who can handle the “front yard” responsibilities and isn’t afraid to get dirty in the “back yard”.
The Camp Manager must lead by example and build a team that always makes our happy healthy pets their priority. Minimum two years previous management experience is required.
The Camp Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to: Oversee All Day-To-Day Operations of Camp
A. Employee Management and Operations of:
- The Cabin Area – Ensure a safe and clean environment (at all times) for campers as well as employees.
- Day Campers and Night Camper Checklist – Continually update and monitor.
- Cabin Run Cards –Monitor information for proper feedings, medicine requirements and checkout dates.
- Daily Medicine Checklists – monitor for proper dosage and ensure all daily checklists are complete.
- The Indoor and Outdoor Play Areas – ensure a safe and clean environment for campers as well as employees.
- The Front Desk Reception Area – Ensure the proper functioning of all day camp and boarding operations including reservations and nightly close out functions through our software program. Follow all Camp Bow Wow policies and procedures.
- Retail Area – Ensure maintenance of lobby area and assist with inventory.
- Laundry & Food Prep Area – Ensure maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Break Room & Rest Room Area – Ensure maintenance of a clean and safe environment
- Supplies – Monitor and ensure adequate supply levels.
B. Supervise, Train, and Schedule Camp Counselors:
- Participate in Camp Counselor interviews and hiring process.
- Ensure all Camp Counselors are properly trained and supervised.
- Monitor all Camp Counselors Doggy First Aid and CPR Certifications.
- Ensure all Camp Counselors understand and follow policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develop and monitor Camp Counselor schedules.
- Monitor attendance and tardiness of Camp Counselors. Assume responsibility to cover or find coverage of any uncovered shifts.
- Monitor opening and closing shift checklists.
- Consult in disciplinary actions, commendation, and performance reviews of Camp Counselors.
- Be a “Hands on Manager”.
- Promote Teamwork and Fun at Camp Bow Wow.
C. Create and Instill “The Camp Bow Wow” Experience
- “Doggy Interviews”. Ensure the proper interview process for socially acceptable behavior in order to create a fun and safe experience for our Campers as well as our Camp Counselors.
- Monitor Vaccination Records with each reservation and check-in.
- Ensure boarding cards are filled in correctly with all pertinent information.
- Ensure Quality Customer Service – trouble shoot and problem solve with customer friendly attitude.
- Follow through with all emergency procedures and ensure Camp Counselors are trained in such.
- Promote the “Pampering Business”. We provide the spacious indoor/outdoor play areas and roomy cabins with cozy cots. Ensure all the Camp Counselors provide care and attention.
If you or someone you know may be interested in applying, please send your resume to Jamie.Caruso@campbowwowusa.com.